Pages

Monday 29 June 2020

MATARIKI DAY-RECOUNT



Friday the 26th of June Point England School celebrated Matariki Day very early. The day started off by Team 5 having assembly. I ended up saying the school mihi and Nesi did the karakia for Room 2.

Team 5 recently formed a choir. I was in the choir and for the past week we were practising a song based on MATARIKI.
The choir got an opportunity to go up in front of the whole school to sing the Matariki song at assembly.  After we performed we had our senior Kapa Haka group came on stage. They were incredible - they sang and danced so beautifully.



After school assembly, we went straight to our home class to see what class we would have to be in for Matariki Day. My class was Arts and Crafts with Mrs Stone and Mrs Carruthers. At first I didn’t really like it but then I got used to it.


For my Matariki activity, we had to colour in seven stars and we also had to paint a beautiful background for our stars. I had a theme and it was based on the sunset. The colours were RED, ORANGE AND YELLOW.



Task description: Today we wrote about what happened on Matariki day at Point England School-Last week.
Please leave positive comments on my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment